Sunday, June 20, 2010

miniatures

Alright, it's official, and I'm willing to admit it.  The world of miniatures has sucked me in.  It is amazing.  I have been fascinated with it since I was a little girl.  I would go with my father to the hobby store in Chattanooga (Red Top Hobbies, anyone?) and while he was talking and looking, I would just look for hours - yes hours, my dad was quite a talker - at the dollhouse miniatures.  I would look at the dollhouses, the furniture, the lights, the wood, everything and just dream about having one.  Well, the process of making my daughters dollhouse has finally taken its toll, and I am officially in love with miniatures.  I'm already planning my own dollhouse while making my daughters.  I've already started tucking money away to be able to buy it.  I'll share a picture of the one I plan on doing...

















It is called the "Victorian Farmhouse"  by the company Real Good Toys (which is where the pic came from).  It has 8 rooms, with a side access door.  With the hobby lobby 40% off coupon I can get it for less than $100.  Better keep saving... lol

I am also going to share the furniture that I'm thinking of getting for Chloe's house.





































All these pics came from www.miniatures.com


Man this is fun.  Still haven't found a good adult bed room set for less than like 65 dollars though.  That's one thing... miniatures are EXPENSIVE.  You can spend up to 200-300 dollars on ONE piece of furniture, if your sanity allows.  This is why I need Taylor to go to school and get a good job.  So I can go home and work on my dollhouses.

On a side note, when I asked Chloe something about the "baby's room" in the dollhouse, she said "the baby will have its own room?" I said "why wouldn't it?" She replied with "mom, you know babies are supposed to sleep with their mommies." BAZINGA!!  HUZZAH ATTACHMENT PARENTING!  I was so proud.  She's also asked me if the mommy can have a sling for the baby.  I told her I was sure we could make one.

Well, off to make curtains for Chloe's kitchen.  Since I ran out of molding and baseboards and I need more outlets, that's about all I have left to do in the dollhouse at the moment. :P

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Cool, Megan. Keep it up. Will follow along. Sounds like Chloe is going to be an excellent mommy, just like her own.

rainbowbritefiend said...

Ellen, you blog?!