Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Beacon Hill Build

SO!  The beacon hill is going great.  It's posed some, interesting problems considering the things that I want to do with it, but hey, it's all good.  Thinking is okay.  It kind of got neglected for a few days due to Chloe's birthday/birthday party.  But I'm back at it.  I have more pictures, but they are on my other camera which is at my brothers house from the party! :P

The first steps were relatively easy, put this tab here, glue here, etc.  But then came the hard part.  Putting in additional floors while simulatiously aligning16 tabs, 4 slots, and not breaking any of the parts.  Several times during those parts Hubs had to come and walk me away from it so I wouldn't throw it off the balcony.  The life size balcony, not the miniature one.

Then came the staircases.  Oh.  My.  God.  This was horrendous.  It took me 5 days to get them stained, sealed, and assembled.  Then, when I was about to put them in, I realized that I should probably wallpaper behind where they were going to sit on the wall.

So that posed yet another problem of, well how in the heck am I going to electrify only parts of the house?  Well, I figured out to do it by just sticking tabs out from where the wallpaper sits on the walls.  The rest of the house can wait to be wallpapered until after it is assembled, that is, unless another bear of a problem comes up. :P

Here are some pictures, the first is just the box, but the others are of the build!


































































MONSTER KITTY STRIKES AGAIN!!

2 comments:

Ellen said...

I think your cat keeps thinking you are going to build one for her. lol

Ascension said...

Va a ser una casita preciosa.
Estoy encantada de haber encontrado tu blog.
besitos ascension