Saturday, September 4, 2010

As promised...

Alright, so as promised, I shall give a better update than my previous 'omg i'm tired.... bbl, k thnx bai"

Well, lets start last Thursday.  My co-teacher and I went to a conference in Atlanta.  It was amazing.  We learned the PECS protocol, and it is going to benefit ALL my kids in some way.  I've already started using it a little bit, but hopefully this coming week I can hit it head on.


Saturday.  I had had a wonderful lunch with my parents.  Chloe was with her moonie, and I was driving home.  My tires had fresh air in them (one was a little low) and I'm driving through the parking lot.  My parking space is in sight.  Just a few minutes away from curling up in bed with a nice book.  SLAM!  A dude in a white car backed into me.  DOH.  The short of the long is that the cop came out, I told the officer what had happened, which was that he backed into me.  Then the dude tried to say that I was trying to get around him as he was pulling into the parking spot.  Grr.  Well, luckily policemen are smart critters when it comes to this type of thing, and cited him for hitting me.   Dude had had the car for a while and hadnt registered it, didn't have insurance, and was very close to losing his license.  Well, there it goes, you moron.



Class also started this week.  UNG.  I'm so sick of graduate school.  Not so much because of the work, or the professors, but just that I'm tired of school.  I can't wait to get it finished.  I'm taking 2 classes, both on campus this time.  One is with my lead teacher, however.  And I'm the only graduate student in the class, and thus the only one who actually teaches.  My professor/lead teacher gushed on me for a second and said that I had the art and science of teaching down, and that anytime anyone needed to come see a classroom, that mine was the one to come see. Made me feel rather special.



I've also decided that I will find at least one awesome thing in each day.  Today's awesome thing is...
cuddling up with my cat and taking a nap.

There is nothing quite like having a furry friend to nap with.  It's something about the feel of the fur, and knowing that you still own most of the bed, even though you have a nap companion that makes napping with pets the most awesome thing ever.



Also, I've been on a Jimi Hendrix kick lately.  I forgot how wonderful the songs Voodoo Child and Purple Haze are.  I would've done so much better in the 60s.  If for nothing more than the music.

No comments: