My random mutterings about marriage, parenting, teaching, making, doing, and life in general. Opinions in this blog are subject to change at any time. This can happen for your benefit or my amusement.
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Today is chloes second and final art show of preschool before she starts kindergarten. I also register her on tuesday for said kindergarten. In a way, I'm excited that she's going to start school. She will start reading, writing, learning new things, caring about the world around her, liking music, etc. But in another way, this is the beginning of friends spending the night, fights, boys, break ups, long talks on the phone, and the like. My baby is a little girl now, and i guess I'll just have to accept it. But I'm not ready for her to grow up. i want her to be my baby for the rest of my life. I want her to stay the sweet, loving, charming, energetic little girl that I have come to know and love, but in another sense, I know that all children grow up, they mature, and they leave the nest, that's just how the world works. I just hope I'm ready for all the challanges having a school ager faces. Not to metion middle school and high school. Yuck. I personally hated from 6th - 12th grade with such a flaming passion that for the last 3 years of high school, I begged my mother to just let me get my GED. She never would, which i always thought was weird. The only thing that kept me in school was Marching Band, which I loved. I hated concert band and pep band with the burning intensity of a thousand suns. I mean, yes, concert band had its moments. When you are playing a beautiful piece of music that touches your heart just so, and upon what you know will be the last performance of it, you cannot help but shed a tear because you know that the composer shared a piece of your heart, if only for a couple of lines in a song. But I digress, I just hope I'm ready for my little baby to start all this mess!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment