Sunday, August 15, 2010

First week of school

Well, my beloved followers, I appreciate you staying with my during my hiatuses... hiatiii... however you would phrase that.  I am having problems with Dell understanding what needs to be done to my computer.  However, hubbz and I have a plan.  Aside from me absolutely freaking out on the people on the telephone, we are going to take pictures of the error message I am receiving, and tell them on the paper what was promised to me.  IE New motherboard and battery.  SO! If it doesn't get fixed this time, I plan on going to the Houston Depot and telling them how to fix it myself because I can't seem to get a phone number from customer service based in India.  Go figure.

Moving on to the first week of school!  Chloe did extremely well!  She really seems to like our school and she LOVES her teacher.  The first day was a little overwhelming for her, I think.  She was a little emotional.  But that's okay, I was too.  Hubbz walked down to her class shortly after she had gotten in there and stood in there for a while.  When he asked if she was ready for him to leave she said "you can stay if you want."  The situation was still uncomfortable, and she wanted help with the work.  Now, the school that she attends and where I teach has a much more rigorous curriculum than her previous school, and she is finding this out quickly.  But, I think she is still enjoying it.

As far as my classroom, the kids are all doing well.  I have 4 in inclusion this year, so that is wonderful!  They are all such cool kids for such a wide array of reasons.  Man, I love my job.  My new assistant is fabulous.  She is great with the kids and very open for direction; plus she's a cool gal all around.

Well, I need to get to working on my dollhouse.  It's been screaming at me all week because I've been neglecting it.  Poor girl.  She won't get done as quickly as I had hoped, but that's just part of working I suppose!

No comments: